Unless you simply don't wear makeup, there are a few differences between winter and summer regarding the types of products you can use. I already said it before but the biggest differences between both seasons are sweat and sun. And while you have to protect yourself from the sun, the sweat will make your eyeshadow travel from your eyes to your cheeks. Not cool. You can of course decide to retouch your makeup every half hour, but in case you want it to last longer you can change simple things.
Lips over eyes
Even with sweat, in general a good lipstick will turn less messy than a lot of eyeshadow. So a thing you can do is choose to wear lip makeup instead or eye makeup. If you're not comfortable doing a perfect red lip, you can apply the color with your finger, and make it diffused instead of very defined. Which I find better for the day since it's more casual. Lip gloss or tinted balms are great alternatives too.
Creamy textures over powders
You can test it, very often creamy textures will hold longer than eyeshadow because they are more water resistant. So if you want to use makeup on your eyes, keep this in mind so you don't have to worry about it ending somewhere else than the eyes.
Well, this one is a little obvious, but choose your mascara waterproof and the best is to go easy with the amount you use not to feel like your lashes are heavy. A nice water resistant liquid eyeliner can be the best for a light but effective look.
Use lighter colors
If it does smear, you'd prefer it to be rose gold, or beige tones than black, right ? Also light colors simply look fresher for summer. So have fun with colors that you can also use as highlighters on you cheekbones.
Free your Skin
The best if you feel comfortable enough with your skin is to use foundation only sparingly, with just a little bit of it on the imperfections, instead of covering your whole skin with it. It will feel less heavy on your skin. You can also chose to use a tinted moisturizer instead. If you're tanning a lot, don't forget to change your foundation/concealer tints. Also don't forget to use a primer during summer before your makeup. It prevents skin oil to mess up your makeup, and it makes your skin look healthier and feel fresher.
- Glossier - Haloscope - 22$ It's the kind of multi purpose makeup products : you can use it as a highlight or on your eyelids depending on which color you're using. I love the texture, which is super creamy and gives a nice glow. You can get 20% off at Glossier using my link.
- Mario Badescu - Facial Spray - 7$ Even if this isn't a primer, I sometimes use it before my makeup because it makes my skin feel fresh and ready. I actually store it in the fridge for extra coolness.
- Milk makeup - Eye Vinyl - 20$ Milk makeup is my new favorite and I will test more from them because I love their packaging and the overall look of their brand. I like Eye Vinyl because it's so easy to use. The nude one gives a very cool dewy effect and the black one a strong and punkish look depending on how you apply it, but you may want to train a little bit to apply it well, not to be messy.
- Mac cosmetics - Liquidlast Liner - 21$ If you know how to use liquid liner and you do it well, it will just stay perfect the whole day without moving !
- Make Up For Ever - Aqua Cream - 23$ Lots of colors to play with and the waterproof creamy texture will hold much better than powder in the heat.
- L'Oréal - Sexy Balm - 7,90€ Perfect if you want a rich color while keeping your lips hydrated. The shape makes it super easy to use.